Sunday, December 25, 2011

Clearing House

Or, I should say, cleared house.

I don't know about you, but owning a large game collection can be stressful, especially if you don't have time to play the game.

I recently sorted through my game collection and made some tough choices. It basically came down to this: have I played the game regularly and, if not, is the game sellable? What I mean by sellable is that the game will fetch a good price for the amount of work needed to sell it? I have a lot of older games selling for $10-$20 on BGG and EBay, but it's a lot of work to make the sale, pack the product, and bring it to the post office for shipping. Honestly, I'd rather keep it for that much.

So I sorted my games into various stacks:

- Games that my group plays a lot
- Games that I play a lot, or would like to play a lot
- Games that I don't want to part with for one reason or another (sentimental value, non-sellable, etc)
- Games to sell or trade

I also kept most of my naval/air warfare games. I like that them.

So I ended up selling a bunch of games, including my beloved Advanced Squad Leader, and actually financed Christmas on the proceeds. Not a bad deal. I had mixed feelings about selling ASL, but I haven't played the game in years and it's a lot of work.

So, now time to update my Boardgame Geek list and get busy playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment